jueves, 28 de julio de 2016

Mechanical from scratch using Dynamo [Part 1]

fromcadtorevit-02
I would like to share with you a project where I'll try to create an HVAC system from a CAD sketch into Revit using Dynamo. This is not meant to be a new procedure to design mechanical systems more than a study of Dynamo capabilities on MEP modeling.
For this I've created this milestones/steps I'll try to accomplish on the next posts :
  1. Model a simple building on Revit and export to CAD.
  2. Sketch an HVAC layout with a supply system and a few diffusers.
  3. Export the location of the elements back to Revit using Dynamo.
  4. Change the sizes of the elements according to the flow needed on each room.
  5. Tag all elements having in count it's locations and sizes.
On this post I'll talk about the state of arts of the tools
  • My own Dynamo Node to create ducts from lines (still in beta but I'll publish it as soon as I could). Right now it only use 2 points to create a single duct but I'm trying to make it work using several points extracted from lines of a cad file using DataExtraction command.
CreateDuct node
CreateDuct node Beta
  • Node FamilyInstancebyPoint to locate the air terminals using the coordinates extracted from the cad files, as previously using DataExtraction command from Autocad.
    Family instance by point
    Family instance by point
  • Change diffusers flows according to room volume. The idea is to use the work on this node to detect how many diffusers are in the room and slip the flow on each one based on the room air volume
    http://autodesk.typepad.com/bimtoolbox/2015/07/automated-diffuser-placement-in-early-stage-mep-design.html
    Automated diffuser placement in early stage MEP design by Thomas Gregersen
  •  Konrad "Create annotations tag" node to place the tags on the elements according the sizes and orientation following a tagging standard.
    Dimitar Venkov example using Konrad
    Dimitar Venkov example using Konrad's node
As this will be an inductive study, I can't guaranty the success of the project but on the next posts I'll continue sharing my learned lessons using all these tools.
Pick anything you need and share, but please respect others authors rights.
To Be Continued...

Published first at https://scaleid.wordpress.com/2015/08/29/mechanical-from-scratch-using-dynamo/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario